The XIVth National Assembly passed the 2020 Investment Law on June 17, 2020, as the substitute for the 2014 Investment Law.
According to the newly-adopted Law, the following investment activities will be prohibited, including:
The 2020 Investment Law shall enter into force on January 1, 2021, except several regulations laid down in clause 2 of Article 76.
- Debt collection service business (new regulation);
- Narcotic substance business listed in Appendix I;
- The business of chemicals and minerals listed in Appendix II;
- The business of naturally-occurring specimens of species of wild fauna and flora listed in Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora; naturally-occurring specimens of category-I endangered, precious and rare forest fauna, flora and fish listed in Appendix III in this Law;
- Prostitution business;
- Purchase and sale of humans, human tissues, corpses, and bodily parts, fetuses (regulations on prohibition of purchase and sale of human corpses and fetuses are added);
- Business activities related to asexual human reproduction;
- Firecracker business.