On the morning of July 19, under the direction of Mr. Pham Van Lap, Chairman of the City People's Council, the 6th session of the 16th City People's Council for the term of 2021 - 2026 conducted the question and answer session.
At the beginning of the session, the delegates questioned Mr. Tran Van Phuong, Director of the Department of Natural Resources and Environment.
Through the questions and answers, Chairman of the City People's Council concluded:
- Regarding the contents of issuing land use right certificates, Director of the Department showed the high determination of the sector; the given solutions have achieved certain results, but there are still many urgent matters among the city people and voters;
- Requested Director of the Department to reorganize the whole sector, improve civil service discipline; strengthen administration reformation and publicize administration procedures. As for the long-term solutions, it is necessary to urgently implement the project on strengthening the management and building the land database before 2025; deploy the digital transformation plan in the whole sector.
- About some violations of land management, requested Director of Department to advise the City People's Committee for directions: Review and classify the violation cases? Types of illegal construction works? Propose specific solutions to handle violations thoroughly? Clarify the responsibilities of levels or sectors for solving violations?
- With regard to the alluvial land management, the answers mentioned the issues of alluvial land along rivers and the sea, and also proposed some long-term management solutions; requested Director of Department to advise the City People's Committee for directions: Review areas, current management status, alluvial land uses, and current shortcomings.
- For the matters that some organizations in Ngo Quyen District slowly put the allocated land into use; requested Director of Department to continuously review and report to the City for land recovery, expand the scope of land acquisition and have specific results in the coming time.
- Regarding the shortcomings and problems with allocating land to some households in the project on building Cat Bi airport five-way crossroads; requested Director of the Department to advise the City People's Committee and relevant agencies to remove shortcomings and have a specific schedule.
After that, the delegates questioned Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung, the Director of Department of Construction.
After listening to questions and answers, Chairman of the City People's Council concluded:
- As regards the flooding problem in the inner city, Director of the Department reported on situations, causes, responsibilities, and solutions; requested the Director of Department to review and install the tidal control valve systems, and strive to complete them before the rainy season in 2023; complete the project on the drainage of rainwater and wastewater; continuously propose projects to embellish the rivers in the inner city to improve the ground level of roads. For overall solutions, it is necessary to develop a master plan to upgrade the city water drainage system from now to 2025.
- Regarding the state management of construction order and planning, the Department of Construction has advised solutions for the City to strengthen the state management of construction order and planning, but some complicated cases did not been resolved timely; requested the Director of Department to coordinate with other agencies in reviewing violations of construction order and planning; and at the same time, direct specialized inspectors to soon prevent and resolve violations.
- With regard to the slow supply of water and lighting electricity for residents in some resettlement areas in Hai An District, Department of Construction defined as a problem many years ago, due to shortcomings in design and construction documents, and received the opinions of delegates; requested the Director of Department to inspect and advise the City to direct Hai An District to remove this problem in 2023.
- About the impacts on 144 households of some wards in Le Chan District when implementing the project on improving environmental sanitation conditions, the Department of Construction defined as the problems from 2016 during the construction process; Department directed investors and construction units to coordinate with local authorities to mobilize people; and at the same time, review plans to support the impacts and overcome this problem.
- Regarding most of the lighting systems of the new exemplary rural program (excluding Cat Hai District) did not have an operation management mechanism. Implementing the city’s directions, Department has guided districts to propose a plan for managing and operating the lighting electricity system; requested Director of Department to direct localities to complete the procedures to put into operation the lighting electricity systems on completed roads of the new exemplary rural program for serving the people in 2022.
- As for the safety of lakes and canals in the inner city, Department of Construction has advised the City to develop a plan for installing the railing systems to ensure safety and commit to complete the plan in 2023; requested the Director of Department to find solutions to speed up the progress and complete the project before the rainy season in 2023.
Afterward, the delegates questioned Mr. Nguyen Hoang Long, Director of the Department of Planning and Investment.
Through listening to the questions and answers, Mr. Pham Van Lap concluded:
- With regard to the disbursement results of public investment capital, in 2021 reached 98.6%; in 2022, the City People's Council allocated public investment capital for programs and projects (from the beginning of December 2021, but the disbursement results of the first 6 months did not meet the plan in 2022, Director of Department reported the reasons and identified the specific responsibilities of Department and related units; requested the Director of Department for directions: well implement the proposed solutions; focus on early disbursement; have a more flexible management solution; strive to disburse all public investment capital in 2022.
- As regards the Urban Area Project connecting Lach Tray Street with Rao Bridge 2 Street, Director of Department affirmed that this is a multi-year project without completion, and determined the responsibility of Department; and at the same time, made some remedial solutions; requested Director of Department to soon propose the City about project adjustment, with a specific roadmap to overcome above situations.
- About the shortcomings in the construction of some schools' infrastructure, Department gave the reasons, responsibilities of agencies and units as well as directions to overcome the shortcomings; requested Director of Department to propose the City People's Committee for directions: Complete the unfinished works of Tran Phu Gifted High School and put them into use in 2022;propose plans to continuously implement the rest of projects; complete the unfinished works of HaiPhong University and put them into use in 2022, 2023; soon start construction project on building Industrial College in 2022 and speed up the progress to complete the project.
- Regarding the matters of too much adjustment of investment policy, Department reported the shortcomings, reasons and offered quite scientific and feasible solutions, contributing to reducing nearly 25% of total investment capital of Nguyen Trai Bridge after appraisal; requested Director of Department to continuously implement effective solutions, in which, focus on overcoming the unfinished project status; conduct the investment projects in completion ways; improve the responsibility of the project appraisal agency, the investor, the project consultant; resolve the situations: deliberately increase the total investment value so as not to have to adjust the project, or deliberately reduce the total investment for easier approval.
- As for the settlement of construction capital debt, Director of Department reported the current situations and solutions to both comply with regulations and strictly manage the capital source; requested Director of Department in collaboration with Department of Finance to urge investors to complete the construction and investment procedures. For unfinished projects that must be stopped construction, it is necessary to determine the debt repayment responsibility of the city budget and project capital to continuously solve the necessary working items.
- Regarding the green park construction program, Director of Department reported the delay in the process of implementing the program. The City People's Council has issued a resolution, and authorized the City People's Committee to approve the investment policy of building green parks; requested the Director of Department to advise the City for directions: accelerate the implementation progress to start construction of 33 green parks in 2022 and 2023.
Giving the conclusion speech, Mr. Pham Van Lap emphasized, after 1/2 day, 13 delegates questioned 03 Department Directors. The content of the interrogation focused on issues of great concern to the city's voters. The question and answer session took place in a democratic and frank atmosphere.
The Chairman of the City People's Council assessed that Directors of Department basically answered all questions to meet the requirements, showing their seriousness, through the understanding of tasks and responsibilities. However, there are still some complicated issues that Directors of Department did not have satisfactory answers.The Chairman of the City People's Council requested Directors of Department to strictly implement the questioning conclusions and report the solving results at the next session.